Friday, 8 February 2013
The time has come to renew our Meetup membership, which is $72 each six months.
Would you consider chipping in? If you have a Dwolla account, you can use the button below, or feel free to give a donation to Eric Gruber at one of the local events.
Thank you so much for your support!
Support Lawrence Coders
Monday, 14 January 2013
The website now has a job page on the website at lawrencecoders.com/jobs.
Jobs are free to post (at least for now), so if you want to get the word out about local/area web development jobs, please let me know. You can send jobs to Eric J. Gruber and if it’s link-worthy, we’ll get it online.
Tuesday, 27 November 2012
Lawrence Coders has two events this week and we’d love to have you come join us.
Will we see you there?
Friday, 14 September 2012
We’re back at the Lawrence Public Library at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 14 for a three-speaker event.
- Sai Ramachandran is building an asynchronous server using Python/Django and wants to show it off. He’ll also be soliciting feedback about this project.
- Chris Christensen will give a presentation on OAuth and examples of how it integrates with some frameworks he’s familiar with.
- Frank Siler will give us a rundown on some of the more popular licensing options and the issues that surround them.
We hope to see you there. Please RSVP if you haven’t done so at the Meetup page for this event: http://www.meetup.com/Lawrence-Coders/events/79943892
Thursday, 22 March 2012
Want to learn more about the business side of code? Join us for our March event, Gettin’ Paid.
The next Lawrence Coders event will be 10 a.m., Saturday, March 24 at the Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vermont St, Lawrence, KS. We’ll meet in the gallary, which is across from the DVD section on the east side of the building.
We’ll have three speakers:
- Mary Howe will present on her experience as a freelancer;
- Phil Martinez will talk about the journey of leaving a “regular” job to start his own web development company;
- Frank Siler will tell us about his new product that is in development and the process he’s working through to bring it to market.
We hope to see you there!
Wednesday, 18 January 2012
10 a.m. – Noon
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Lawrence Public Library, Gallery Room
Our loose topic for the month will be about the testing process during development. We’ve got a few talks lined up so far:
- I will talk about my love/hate relationship with Cucumber, and Behavior-Driven Development more generally for anyone not familiar with the concept;
- Eric Gruber will talk about usability testing he’s done in his job as the city’s webmaster;
- Dayo Ajayi will talk about testing tools and practices in .Net;
If you weren’t able to attend the first session, just know that these talks are very informal. 10-20 minutes, slides if you want them. If you’d like to add (or remove) yourself from the list let me know.
The event is open to anyone who’d like to attend. Feel free to invite others who might be interested.
Tuesday, 17 January 2012
Come join us for drinks (coffee, tea, milk, beer, etc.) and some decent food tonight at Johnny’s Tavern. Bring a laptop if you have anything you care to show off.
Johnny’s Tavern, 401 N 2cd St, Lawrence, KS (map)
Tuesday, 3 January 2012
In an effort to make scheduling meetups and events a little easier, we’re now available at Meetup.com at http://www.meetup.com/Lawrence-Coders.
Come and join the group!
Monday, 19 December 2011
W will meet for the last time in 2011 at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 20 at Johnny’s Tavern, 401 N. 2nd Street.
This is an informal gathering, but if you have code to share, please bring a laptop and show us what you’ve got.